Training, Qualifications & Experience
Simon Good B.Sc. UKCP, BPC, BAPPS is a psychoanalytic psychotherapist and accredited supervisor registered with the British Psychoanalytic Council and the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy. He initially trained at The Guild of Psychotherapists qualifying in 1994 and completed a further four years study at the Squiggle Foundation.
Simon currently works in private practice with individuals and couples and works as a supervisor and tutor at WPF Therapy on the Dip/MA in psychodynamic psychotherapy training. He is also a supervisor for training counsellors and psychotherapists at a number of training institutions in and around London.
He was Director of Training at Enfield Counselling Service for eight years until September 2018. He sits on the Ethics committee of the British Association for Psychoanalytic and Psychodynamic Supervision. He has been practicing for over 25 years in various settings including HMP Coldingley, University of Essex, and as a psychotherapist at one of London’s leading drama schools.
- Early in his career he created an inpatient addiction programme at Stuart House in Surrey.
- Supervisor to trainee supervisors on supervision course at the Guild of Psychotherapists.
- Supervisor at WPF Therapy.
- Psychotherapist and supervisor to students in training.
- Bsc.(Hons) Degree from the London School of Economics.
- Four Year training at the Guild of Psychotherapists. Graduated 1994.
- Four year training in the work of Winnicott at the Squiggle Foundation.
- Full member of UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy) (cpja) section.
- Full member of the College of Psychoanalysts.
- Full member of the British Association for Psychoanalytic and Psychodynamic Supervision.
His current interests outside of clinical work are in maintaining and furthering clinical excellence in the profession.